As a podcaster, you know that your show description is important. It’s one of the first things potential listeners will see, and it can play a big role in whether or not they decide to subscribe to your show.
But your podcast show description is also important for SEO. When you write a good description, you’re helping search engines understand what your podcast is about, which can help you rank higher in search results.
However, there are a few things you should avoid doing when writing your podcast show description, especially if you’re looking to improve your SEO:
- Using too few characters: Your podcast show description should be at least 3,500 characters long and as close to 4000 as you can get. This will give you enough space to include all of the relevant information about your podcast, including your target keywords.
- Keyword stuffing: Keyword stuffing is the practice of cramming as many keywords as possible into your description. This is not a good practice for SEO, as it can make your description look spammy. Instead, focus on writing a natural and informative description that includes your target keywords throughout.
- Repeating the same words over and over again: Don’t just repeat the title of your podcast over and over again in your description. Instead, use a variety of related keywords and phrases to describe your podcast. This will help your podcast rank for a wider range of search terms.
Here are some tips for writing an SEO-friendly podcast show description:
- Use your target keywords throughout your description. However, avoid keyword stuffing.
- Write a natural and informative description that is at least 3,500 characters long and up to 4000.
- Use a variety of related keywords and phrases to describe your podcast.
- Avoid repeating the same words over and over again.
- Include a call-to-action in your description, such as inviting listeners to subscribe to your podcast or visit your website.
By following these tips, you will craft a podcast description that’s a search engine magnet and pulls in listeners!
Check Out These Podcasting Tips Next